According to a tweet by the President of the Presidency of the Turkish Defence Industries (SSB), Ismail Demir, new deliveries of the HGK-82 guidance kit have been made.
Developed by TÜBİTAK-SAG, the mass production of the HGK-82 guidance kits is carried out by Aselsan.
According to statement by the President of SBB Prof. Dr. Ismail Demir on twitter, came the following:
"The deliveries of our guidance kits, an important element of our air power, are in progress. We made new deliveries of the HGK-82 guidance kits, which turns Mk-82 unguided general-purpose bombs into precision smart strike weapons with its guidance capabilities."
HGK-82 (Precision Guidance Kit-82)
HGK-82 is a guidance kit that turns existing 500 lb Mk-82 general purpose bombs into air to ground smart weapons which can be released multiple by using BRU 57 ejector rack.
- Multiple release capability by using BRU 57 ejector rack
- Re-targeting during captive flight
- Jamming resistance
- Operation in all weather conditions day and night
- Fewer number of bombs, sorties and crews per mission
- Cost effective
- High precision with integrated GPS/INS
- 12 nautical miles range released from medium altitudes
- 15 nautical miles range released from high altitudes
- CEP Value
- <10 m with INS/GPS,
- <25m with only INS
- Certified to F-16 PO-III and F-4E/2020 aircrafts
- MIL-STD 1760 compliance